Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Disney Day 2

 Day 2 of our trip was spent at Epcot. We ate at Restaurant Marrakech in Morocco. The food was good, lots of different, delicious flavors but the portions were small. Definitely a good experience though.
We got into the world showcase before our restaurant even opened so we did an impromptu photo session around Morocco. Unfortunately, all of those pictures are still on Heather's camera which is in Mobile and I am snuggled down avoiding the cold at our parent's house in Brandon. After lunch, we went into Orlando's cute little shopping district(Dr. Phillips area). We went to Chocolate Salon and Spa and got the most amazing pedicures I have ever experience. Seriously. I also got a manicure while we were there. We ate lunch at a mexican restaurant that our nail tech recommended then went shopping. There were some stores that I used to go to when I lived and worked at Disney World but since they are family owned I was not sure if they would still be around. They were and we had a blast shopping. :)

We went back to the resort to bundle up and headed back out to Epcot. The first thing we hit was the Character Spot for some character photos.







 




We watched Illuminations but neither of us were really that impressed. I can not even tell you how many times I have watched Wishes and Fantasmic. I adore them... but Illuminations has never really impressed me.
It was a long, fun filled day. We didn't get to experience a whole lot at Epcot and there was a lot that we didn't see, but that was perfectly OK with us. We approached the entire trip with a relaxed attitude. There were a few things at each park that we absolutely did not want to miss out on but we didn't have every day jam packed or schedule out. It made the trip much more enjoyable and flexible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment