And there is no way to really play catch up. So here are some current items list style, of course.
- I don't give two hoots about the super bowl this year. And all the facebook/twitter arguing is a bit ridiculous.
- Online classes are a go and doing well so far. I completed my first week and a half of assignments in 2 days. And then my Lit teacher sends out an e-mail Friday night saying she forgot to list 2 of 4 papers that are due Sunday night. So I occupied my Saturday with reading Tartuffe, a comedy from the 1640s(I believe). Once I made it through the introduction, I actually enjoyed it. Shocker. Papers were complete and turned in long before time due. I am hoping to stay on top of it all.
- I am still out of work. And I HATE it. Not just the lack of money coming in but I have way too much time on my hands and not enough to keep me occupied... which means I have too much time to think and over-worry every little thing.
- As much time as I have had on my hands, I have picked up this book to read over a dozen times and haven't really read much. It might be on the to do list for this week.
- I got a call from my company saying that they have some new projects coming up and they wanted an updated copy of my resume and to know if I was OK with traveling/relocating. They have 2 big projects coming up and the Project Manager who hired me wants me on one of them. One will be starting in 30-40 day in Wyoming and will last a year. The other is in Washington state, starting in 60 days for 18-21 months. I think either one of these would be awesome. I have never been to Wyoming or Washington.
- I went to church with Amanda who was in the Interior Design department with me at USM. She has moved back to the Mobile area since completing school and I have enjoyed spending time with her. I really enjoyed the service. It is so hard for me to find a church that has both a worship style and has a preacher that I enjoy listening to. The worship was amazing and the preacher was deep and strong while still humorous. I love that!
- I have really bad eating habits. As in, not eating... at all. I have only been eating one meal a day. I know it is partly due to not being very active but also a little subconsciously I know I have been eating less to try and make the groceries stretch. Not good. I have all the stuff to make my meal replacement protein frappe. I will definitely be having at least one a day to help me stay a little more balanced.
Last night my mind wouldn't shut off at all. I hardly slept and I was so tempted to just take some nighttime medicine around 4 am just to get some sleep. BUT instead I turned Roger Bennett's Midnight Meditations on repeat on my phone and despite being ridiculously tired I went to church this morning. I am so glad I did. I am clinging to this verse today:
...Weeping may endure for a night,
but Joy Comes in The Morning.