Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011

I started the new year out with one of my favorite things, sleep!

I am officially "laid off" but in construction/project work, that simply means I am waiting for my next project or assignment. Since it is a holiday weekend and they waited until 3pm yesterday to announce who was on the list, I have to wait until Monday to call the Lafeyette office and see if they have any work. I hate the uncertainty of it all but I am not worrying about it(or trying my best not to). The welder I worked with Thursday gave me a great quote that completely put things into perspective.
"Worrying will not solve tomorrow's problems but it will steal today's peace"

It could be a couple of months before my next job but I know God will provide. In the mean time, I am looking forward to a few things.
1) Sleeping with no 4am alarm clock going off. I still plan on getting up at a decent hour so that I don't throw my body off a good sleep schedule but definitely not going to be getting up at 4am. :)
2) Trying out some new recipes. I bought the Cook Yourself Thin and Cook Yourself Thin Faster cookbooks tonight. I have used some of the recipes (the ones listed online on Lifetime's website) and loved them. Healthy meals that are still flavorful and unique.
3) Blog a little more consistently. I have been so busy working and had so little time for anything other than work and sleeping. Working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week is not easy on the body. I have seriously lacked a life and had nothing to write about. :)
4) Go home. I have a couple of Christmas presents(Poppa's and Josh's) that I can't wait to give them. I am thinking some priceless facial expressions will be included. I also plan on packing up everything I have in the house and move it into a storage unit. I am hoping to be able to travel a lot with work and having everything put away and cared for will make it so much easier to get up and go whenever the call comes.

I am not one for New Years resolutions so I don't intend on making any. 2010 was a rough year to say the least but it still had its good moments. I choose to reflect on those good moments and appreciate the personal growth that came as a result of the bad moments. I am hoping that 2011 will be a much, much better year. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment