Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Savings 9/25

Today, I made my weekly couponing trip to Walgreens. I have been trying to go on Sunday or Monday so that there are still products on the shelf. But I will be honest, I have been basing the time of my trip on when my favorite cashier is working. Felicia has been working at Walgreens for 5 years and couponing for 3 years. So she knows Walgreens inside and out and she helps fellow couponers so that you get the most for your money. She helped me get the GAIN laundry detergent deal a couple of weeks ago. 6 GAIN liquid laundry detergent for $7. You simply CANNOT beat that!

I got several deals this week. Sadly, I missed out on most of the coupon deals. I don't like printing out a bunch of coupons in advance which sometimes means I miss out on getting internet coupons while they are available. However, it's ok because I don't like going through a lot of paper and ink. I also missed out on some deals because we didn't get some of the coupons in our region. Pensacola got them, but Mobile didn't. Imagine that!

I use Couponing to Disney and Wild For Wags for most of my Walgreens coupon matchups. If you are new to couponing at Walgreens, Kristin at Couponing to Disney explains it very well here.

I got 3 packs of W Maxi's. They were on sale for $2 and I got $2 RR back on each of them. FREE!
Note: the first pack I bought spit out a $1 catalina coupon, the second a $0.50 coupon and the third another $1 coupon. I could only use the $0.50 one on this deal though because of size requirements.

I bought 4 Remington King of Shaves Razors. They were on sale for $4.99 with $4.99 RR. FREE!

Colgate Optic White toothpaste and toothbrush. 2/$7.98 and get $6 RR when you buy 2. I had one $1.50 off Colgate Optic White toothpaste coupon left. That made the toothpaste and toothpaste $0.24 each!

Balance Bar $1.59 and get $1.59 RR. FREE

I purchased 2 Zarbee's nighttime cold and cough drink. They were on sale for $5.99 with $5.99 in RR. FREE!

BREAKDOWN:
Total pre-discounted and coupon value: 97.42
Total RRs used from previous weeks deals: $8
Total Paid Out of Pocket: $18.56
Total RRs towards next purchases: 17.00

How I calculate my savings? 8 + 18.56 = 26.56 -17 = 9.56
Savings Percentage: 90%!

A couple of notes:
1) I got several fillers so that I could use my RRs on purchases. I got 3 Nabisco cookie packs(great for lunches or snacks!) $0.59/each, 2 pints of walgreens ice cream $1/each and one halloween scooby tumbler cup $0.13. Sometimes it just makes more sense to buy a cheap item just to be able to use an additional RR. In the case of the tumbler, I added $0.13 and got to use another RR for $2 bringing my total for the transaction to only $0.78 rather than a dollar something.
2) I calculate my savings by adding my OOP(Out of Pocket) and any RRs I used from previous weeks and subtracting any new RRs. This gives a more true reading of savings. If I simply took the OOP amount and subtracted any new RRs then next weeks savings wouldn't be accurate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment