Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flavor Friday - A Tad Bit Late

This Flavor Friday is a tad bit late but I thought Sara's cupcakes were way too interesting to pass up. I forgot my camera Friday (so phone pictures will have to suffice). Unfortunately, my opening shift turned into a double so by the time I got home, posting was the last thing on my mind. When I sat down to post last night, I checked facebook and my phone and was completely overwhelmed by news from my sorority sister. Please be praying for Alyssa P. She lost her sweet 5 month old, Kensie Marie, yesterday afternoon. Kensie died in her sleep. My heart was just aching for her last night so the post was postponed yet again.

Here they are Flavor Friday Cupcakes from 8/26/11.

Tomato Basil
It is a spiced tomato cupcake with an heirloom tomato, honey sauce and a chocolate truffle covered in pine nuts and Parmesan. I told Sara it looked like spaghetti and meatballs to me. HA
Kiddie Kompost
A chocolate, M&M and goldfish cupcake with a chocolate buttercream. It is, of course, garnished in M&Ms and goldfish. The after school crowd went nuts over this cupcake!
My Big Fat Greek Cupcake
A cinnamon cupcake soaked in a honey, cinnamon syrup, a touch of buttercream to hold on the beautiful garnish. Sara crafted a delicious baked phyllo shell filled with a homemade nut mixture with the honey, cinnamon syrup drizzled on top. Yum!
Funky Monkey
A chocolate, banana cupcake with peanut butter buttercream, topped with peanuts and a chocolate ganache drizzle.
The pictures are my own(pitiful iPhone quality that they are). However, I do not create, bake or decorate the cupcakes. All creative genius belongs to SMH. My job is simply to run the store front and share the yumminess. :-)

1 comment: