Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Getting Creative

I bought a simple black dress last week. Since then I have bought beads and have been "jazzing it up". I am actually quite happy with the results so far. I usually have alot of creative ideas but rarely follow through with them. I rewarded myself yesterday for it too. =)

I sold some clothes that I rarely wear at Plato's closet Yes, I brought clothes with me to Florida knowing I rarely wear them. I brought them with two motives - 1) hoping to lose weight and fit into them 2) thinking I might wear some of the shirts in light of the lovely Florida weather. I have lost the weight but I don't like the way the shorts fit and the shirts aren't that comfortable. So I created some room in my closet by clearing them out and added some "fun money" to my wallet.

After leaving Plato's Closet, I drove around the rest of the shopping center and found a hole-in-the-wall shoe store. I found shoes that match my beads going on my dress perfectly. They are so cute and so comfortable! AND they were on sale so I got them for $10. =) Now I have a cute outfit in case a special occasion comes up. 

____________________________________________________________________
Work has been pretty good. I got a migraine a few days ago and got an Early Release but other than that it has been good. I love the people I work with and closing makes time pass so much faster. Sadly, I like the park best once the guests leave. It's a completely different atmosphere and the hours feel like minutes in a good way. But I do love when the guests are there too.

I have been getting some short shifts. They are nice because I go in at 4 or 5 and get off around midnight or 1. It is so nice because I love being home and having the majority of my day to do as I please. BUT the downside is that I am not getting many hours in for the week. They say it will get better once all the seasonal people leave at the end of the summer. We shall see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment