Friday, December 6, 2013

Blessed

Finding reasons to feel blessed are content can sometimes be harder around the holidays rather than easier. It's easy to be thankful when everything is "perfect", when you have everything checked off of your Christmas gift list AND still have money in the bank account. 

Since I am still unemployed and JP just started his new job, we decided that rather than spending what bit of money for our presents to each other on gifts, we are putting it into our little house to make it move in ready sooner rather than later. Here are a few of the little things that make me feel very blessed right now. :)

- We are both healthy.
- We have a roof over our head and though it won't be a plentiful Christmas by most people's standards, I am excited that we are investing in something bigger than what can fit under a tree.
- I am thankful that we have Christmas decorations. I think a lot of people take that for granted.
- I have the most considerate mother in the world. When we were at my parent's house for Thanksgiving we left our toothbrushes and my AWESOME doTERRA On Guard toothpaste Mom got me(another post on that). She sent me a happy box yesterday which also included several oils that I needed, my candy cane gum that I left at her house and these 2 surprises. 
 My mom and sister are making these precious nativity figures. D'Lynn, my 16 year old sister, is selling them for $10 for Christmas money. I still choke when I say she is 16. ;-)
Mom also sent me this oil blend. It is my absolute favorite. Everytime I am home, we would just open up her dram and sniff it, but we never actually diffused it. I thought mom had made a dram for me but she actually sent me her dram. It seriously almost made me cry. It was SO very thoughtful!
- I am so incredible blessed by my husband and his heart. His job is my no means easy and honestly, he comes home exhausted and soaking wet from working inside of freezers and coolers all day. Tonight he came home early because some of their lines broke down and he asked if he could cook us dinner. He cooked an awesome dinner of baked fish, rice and mixed veggies, cleaning the kitchen as he went. Now as I right this, at 7:19pm, he is already asleep next to me. He actually fell asleep almost an hour ago. 
- I am blessed to get to spend my days with my mother-in-love. She's an absolute treasure. We laugh together, a lot. :-)
- I really like living in Gadsden. I had to take JP some dry clothes on his first break this morning and as I was driving home and coming back down the mountain I was absolutely amazed at the beauty of the foggy mountains. God creates some of the most beautiful pictures and I do not ever want to take that for granted.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for! I'd love to send you a Christmas card this year! Email me girl!

    ReplyDelete